Samuel is a very sweet boy. We all love him so much. He actually has 3 moms, as Sydney and Claire are very motherly towards him. They fight over who gets to throw his diapers away; we'll see how long that lasts. Some of you have inquired if I deliverd in the canyon, and the answer is no; I did, however, deliver prior to my induction date. Everything went really well. Once I started pushing, it took about 6 minutes to get him out. He is a beautiful baby (as I'm sure you'll all agree) =), and we're so happy he's in our family.
This is the Dudes Club, minus Parker. Samuel is the 13th grandchild in my family, but only the 4th boy. There hasn't been a boy born in my family since 2002, so the Dudes Club was excited to finally welcome another member. On the subject of boys, there hasn't been a McMillan boy born since Eli was born almost 30 years ago, so we're all happy that the McMillan name will carry on. =)
My sister Andrea is the official cheek pincher. All of us are cheek pinchers thanks to our preschool teacher Mrs. Johnson, but Andrea is the one that does a good pinch for pictures. She's got the touch.
I think he's a good mix between Sydney and Claire. We were comparing baby pictures last night, and they all have their own look.
I let Eli pick the coming home outfit. I think he's going to enjoy shopping for a boy; the other outfit he brought to the hospital was John Deere.
Everytime I have a baby, I get a dozen roses; so with Sydney I got 1 dozen, with Claire 2 dozen, and I actually got 4 dozen with Samuel because the roses were sold in 2 dozens. I have a very thoughtful husband.




14 comments:
thanks for the pictures-he is a cutie for sure!!
hope you are both well.
I was so excited to see the pictures of Samuel. He, Sydney and Claire make a cute trio. And the flowers are beautiful as well (good job Eli).
I was wondering, did you go into labor yourself? Or did your doctor induce you early because of your blood pressure? I'm glad that the delivery went well.
Yeah for pictures of Baby Samuel. He is a doll. And you are right...Eli's lips. Lucky kiddo. I know lots of girls who would die for those lips!
The flowers are beautiful. He Eli. Here's a little friendly competition. Kendon had a teacher who gave his wife one dozen roses for their first child and doubled it for every child. They had eight children. Do the math. Holy cow. 1...2...4...8...16...32 Uh, yeah! Crazy. He ended up doing fake towards the end.
oh he is so cute! congratulations!
He really is just so sweet and looks alot like his daddy! Congratulations!
OH MY!! He is gorgeous (yes, boys can be gorgeous when they are newborns) and he really does look quite a bit like Eli! Congrats!
He is so darling. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I'm really glad he was born a little early (for your sake) and not in the canyon!
I'm impressed with the roses. Good job Eli.
Emily
Congrats, Angela!! Those are some amazing roses. Samuel is cute!! I can't wait to get my new nephew soon; only a few more weeks. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I hope everything is going okay.
Angela, I actually didn't have Mrs. Johnson for preschool...if you'll remember I never got to go to preschool. I learned the cheek pinching all on my own! If your kids didn't have such great pinching cheeks...my fingers ache just thinking about that sweet baby and pinching his cute little cheeks! See you soon.
I was so excited to finally see pictures of Samuel. He really looks like Eli Congrats love you
He is such a cute little guy. I love the picture with your girls holding him... you can tell they just love him!
Congratulations, he is darling. I forget how little they are!!!
Congrats..he is beautiful!!
I just saw the comment you left on my blog a while ago! Samuel is so cute. Newborns look so peaceful in pictures! I hope he is mostly like that during the night for you too! It was good to hear from you.
Post a Comment