(Does anyone know what song the title to this post comes from?)
September has been a good month. The weather has been very pleasant, which always makes life better. Our garden frosted, so we're done with that.
We went to the Utah State Fair, which was really fun. I've never been with Eli; I went once with Sydney when she was Samuel's age, but haven't been back since. The girls really enjoyed it, and Samuel really enjoyed seeing the animals and riding on the merry go round. The girls rode the Ferris wheel for their first time ever and really liked it.




I had a good day.
Eli and the girls decorated my cake (I made it because I had more time on my hands than Eli did). Angel food cake is my favorite, so I basically had the same cake as I made for Peach Days. It was really good.

I love this little boy!
He is a pure delight.

I love this little boy!
He is a pure delight.

I love my girls; they are both so helpful. I never knew how much I would love having girls.

Eli looks like he's covering his ears from our singing. =)

I was able to bottle feed Hyrum for the first time on Friday, September 25. He did really good. He's still trying to figure out the whole suck, swallow, breath thing, but he did well for his first time. He is such a cute little guy. Hopefully I'll get to go start nursing him soon.


I love it when they arch their backs. He has moved up to the next size of diapers; they still look really big on him.

"That's enough pictures Mom".

My sister made him this super cute binky clip with his name on it. I chose a frog as his clip because his legs remind me of frog legs when I hold them up while I change his diaper.

The girls and I had a girls weekend and attended the baptism of my niece Shelby. In true Ault fashion, my sister had a lot of really good food there. It was a fun day. Shelby was born 13 days before we got married, so it's hard to believe that she is already 8.
For some strange reason, my children all fall asleep at the table around the same age, on a Sunday, and only do it once. I was thinking that I wouldn't get a picture of Samuel ever sleeping at the table because he's not one to be sleepy at the table, but I did get one. It was the funniest thing to watch. He just couldn't keep his eyes open any longer. 
My family owns some property up Provo Canyon and I took the girls up there after Shelby's baptism. The leaves are starting to change and it was beautiful. I really love it up there. I spent a lot of time up there growing up, so it's like coming home when I go there.

Claire and Shaylee on the bridge.
My dad has set up a zip line and took all of the children on rides. Neither one of my girls made it all the way to the end; they weren't heavy enough. The had a good time though.

Sydney had a loose tooth that she wanted out. She tried to get it out on her own, but had to finally have Eli help her. She looks like she was crying, but she wasn't. Claire came and held her hand and then got her a cup of water afterwards. The tooth just popped right out. It was definitely ready to come out.


5 comments:
Fun update. And you look so cute! Love the hair and glasses!
I thought pulling teeth out was my job...I LOVE to pull teeth out. I guess I should have been a dentist! Hyrum is looking so great, a little chub goes a long way...even on babies I guess.
That threw me off when I saw the comment from Sharla. Not me! Anyway, I'm so glad things are going good. You look happy and your little family is adorable! We are right here and we still missed the fair. But I think a drive through provo canyon is in order.
loved the update! You look fantastic in the pictures!
What a great update. Your family is always up to something fun and your kids are so so cute. I love the girls wearing their bonnets to the fair. Precious.
I miss "sleeping at the table" pictures. They are always my favorite. Plus, I miss kiddos who get that tired everyday. Now, they just grow up and fight over bedtime!
Angela and Eli, I want to say, without sounding trite or condescending that I really admire the two of you. Your family truly is in the middle of a storm right now but the two of you have so much faith and endurance and you just keep on keepin' on with smiles on your faces. I admire you so much. With that said, it is also okay to feel what ever it is you are feeling. Sometime I'm afraid to tell people how great they are doing for fear that they will feel bad, when they feel bad. Do I make sense??!?!?
Just know I love you!
Post a Comment