The Days are Long, but the Years are Short
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Fall

Fall is my favorite time of year; I don't necessarily like it getting colder, but I do enjoy the sights and smells of the season.
Hyrum is still doing well. I keep waiting to hear some bad news, but we haven't had any yet. All of the nurses love to take care of him because he is so easy. I get to hold him every time I go up. I have only been up 3 times, but as soon as he shows signs of being ready to nurse, I'll be up there full time. I'm not sure how that will work out, but like everything else, it will work out somehow.
The city of Ferron celebrated Peach Days last week. Ferron has the best peaches, so it's a good time of year to look forward to. They have had a dessert contest for the last three years, and I have won the grand prize every year. Every year I've made something different, and there have been different judges every year, so I just must be good at making peach desserts. =)
This year's dessert was my favorite. We called it Peachy Angel. It was an angel food cake with a peach cool whip frosting, topped with peaches, strawberries and raspberries. It was very light and very good (if I do say so myself). Next year Sydney wants to enter something, and I think I want to quit while I'm ahead. I'm not sure I could take losing after winning for three years. I don't consider myself a competitive person, but I really am when it comes right down to it (just ask Eli; he rarely wins me at board games). =)


I also decided that I wanted our family to be in the parade this year. We decorated my parent's GEM car (electric car) in red, white and blue. The theme of Peach Days was Traditions we Treasure, so the theme of our entrant in the parade was 'Freedom: A Tradition We Treasure'. The girls threw out candy (because that is also something I treasure: candy) and Eli and my sister Liz walked the route and passed out small copies of the Constitution. It was a fun experience. I also won a prize for our use of the theme. Ferron really makes me feel like a winner. =)


I have the best friends that are always doing nice, thoughtful things for me, just when I really need it most. My friend Becca, that we met in Kansas, made Hyrum a cute little hat to wear. She thought it would be too small; when I saw it, I thought it would be too big.
It was just right, with a little room to grow. When we went up to see him last, the nurse was getting him ready for me to hold him and she said "let me see if I can find a hat" and I excitedly pulled my own hat of my bag. =) Thanks again Becca. It was the perfect gift for him.



I had to take a picture of his little outie belly button.


Here's our little Sam. I love seeing these jammies on him. He really is such a happy little guy. I spend a great deal of time each day just pinching him because he's so cute. He's at such a fun stage right now where he tries to repeat everything you say. He's my biggest mess maker, but his good looks get him out of a lot of trouble.

Since Sydney has started first grade and has a new friend to play with, she hasn't been as friendly with Claire. It's sad for me to see, but it's part of growing up. I'm always happy when I see them getting along, even if it is in their sleep.

I love sleeping babies. Samuel is a good enough sleeper that I can pick him up when he's asleep without fearing that he'll stay awake. I just can't keep myself from picking him up when he's so cute. He is so easy to put to bed. I tell him it's time for bed, and most of the time he'll tell me no, but when I pick him up, he'll start waving good bye to everyone and say 'nite, nite'. Then I'll put him in his bed, he'll find his blanket, water cup and thumb and start waving goodbye to me too. I'll be very sad when he outgrows that.

The girls have discovered how fun motorcycles are. Samuel likes the sound more than he likes the ride.

Samuel reminds me of my youngest brother Ethan in so many ways. Samuel looks like Eli, but when he has his hair buzzed and he smiles, it reminds me of Ethan.
Ethan was a very happy baby and was always getting into mischief but his smile got him out of a lot, which is how it is with Samuel. Ethan also really likes Lego's, which is something that Samuel really likes. He will drag around his Lego's and they entertain him for quite a while (as long as I play with them too). As soon as Eli comes home from work, Samuel goes straight to his Lego's so Eli can play with them too.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Angela, Hyrum is getting so big! I guess it's time to take another trip to visit my little buddy. Don't worry about anyone replacing Claire, it will never happen they will ALWAYS be best friends.

spemberly.blogspot.com said...

Nice job with all your Peach Day stuff! It looks like fun to live there! All of your kids are so cute

Sharla said...

Congrats on your 3rd winning recipe! It looks absolutely delicious. And woo hoo for Hyrum! I'm so glad he's doing well. All your kids are such cuties.

Connie said...

I loved all your pictures and comments. You have a great life! And that peach dessert...what can I say...I can't wait to taste it! Wait to make our family proud in Ferron! What a great addition to the parade! We will have to stop and see Hyrum tomorrow on the way home from the airport...he is getting so big! I love you!

The P Family said...

Children will outgrow things- it IS sad so that's why we have tape! Be sure to tape all the things you know your kids will outgrow like Samuel waving goodnight. :)

Your kids are so beautiful and I'm so excited Hyrum made some progression!

PS- when I get marry someday, I would LOVE to have you send me all your best recipes, including the peach goodies!