So, as I'm typing, Eli is on his way to Price to take Claire to the ER. Nothing serious, just a small, pink figure from the game of Life is wedged up her nose. Why do children feel the need to place things up their nose? Why does it seem Claire is set on giving me premature gray hairs? Why can't I be more patient during times like this?
In the last month, Claire has almost poked her eye out (during a temper tantrum), broken her arm, and now found a new home for our little, pink friend. I can't complain, because really Claire hasn't given me too much trouble. None of my kids have. It seems that Claire is just trying to make up for it I guess. So, I'll take pictures of our pink friend (that's assuming they get her out) and post them with the purple cast pictures that I just took on Friday.
Just for the record, we tried everything we could think of to get it out ourselves. I tried, and then Eli came home from work to try, and then we took her to the local medical center and they tried, so I'm hoping the ER is successful, because we haven't been up to this point. Aimee, if I have gray hairs the next time I get my hair cut, you know why. =)
********
Conclusion?: So after having the people at the ER poke at Claire's nose, our little pink friend decided to keep moving back. We went this morning at 8 to see a nose specialist. Eli came with me to help hold her down (and give me much needed moral support). The doctor went as far back into her nose as he could without putting her out. He didn't see her (our little pink friend; I should probably name her), and he thinks she is on her way out the other end (if you catch my meaning). We'll watch her for a week and if it looks like her nose might have something in it, we'll go back up and they'll put her out to dig some more.
I'm wondering if Claire is getting enough attention. She hasn't acted up at all since I brought Samuel home, but perhaps this is her way of saying "look at me". One thing I know for sure, Claire won't be putting anything up her nose again, nor will she likely pursue a career in the medical field. She's pretty sick of doctors and nurses.
Something funny that Claire said to Eli on the way home yesterday: "Daddy, there's a pink girl in my nose. She's not talking to me."
Oh the simplicities of a two year old.
Just for the record, we tried everything we could think of to get it out ourselves. I tried, and then Eli came home from work to try, and then we took her to the local medical center and they tried, so I'm hoping the ER is successful, because we haven't been up to this point. Aimee, if I have gray hairs the next time I get my hair cut, you know why. =)
********
Conclusion?: So after having the people at the ER poke at Claire's nose, our little pink friend decided to keep moving back. We went this morning at 8 to see a nose specialist. Eli came with me to help hold her down (and give me much needed moral support). The doctor went as far back into her nose as he could without putting her out. He didn't see her (our little pink friend; I should probably name her), and he thinks she is on her way out the other end (if you catch my meaning). We'll watch her for a week and if it looks like her nose might have something in it, we'll go back up and they'll put her out to dig some more.
I'm wondering if Claire is getting enough attention. She hasn't acted up at all since I brought Samuel home, but perhaps this is her way of saying "look at me". One thing I know for sure, Claire won't be putting anything up her nose again, nor will she likely pursue a career in the medical field. She's pretty sick of doctors and nurses.
Something funny that Claire said to Eli on the way home yesterday: "Daddy, there's a pink girl in my nose. She's not talking to me."
Oh the simplicities of a two year old.
6 comments:
Oh man. These are the days we wonder what we were thinking having our own children huh? Just wait until Samuel gets bigger. I think boys are more mischevious. I hope it all came out ok and things get back to normal for you.
Emily
Wow, I had to laugh when I read what Claire did, assuming everything will be fine. Kids are so funny and yet so frustrating. I really hope they got it out okay!
I hope you don't mind the fact that I am laughing my head off. Can we still be friends?!?!!?
Really, I am sorry you are having to deal with this cause it is just a hassle huh? I hope everything works out. And I hope Claire's little friend DOES start talking to her. That would be great blog material!!!!
Hang in there. (I'm talking to Angela. NOT the little pink thing!!! hee hee!)
I am laughing so hard, I think I just woke Shelby up. It's so funny, because Shaylee has been in touble (recently) for playing with those little pink people from the Life game. That's their favorite game. Angela.... I'm glad it's you and not me. Thank you so much for the laugh.......
Pretty soon you ALL will need a vacation. Good luck with that. I hope it all comes out okay :^)
Welcome to motherhood!! Ryan put an earring up his nose, but I didn't know it for a few days. I went into my bedroom one day and all of my earrings were on the floor. I didn't really check to see if any were gone. He kept complaining about his nose and then it got all infected (I won't go into detail because it wasn't pretty!!) But then I thought to check the earrings and sure enough one of the studs were missing. It took quite a lot to get his out but we finally did. I threw the earring away. Tori Varney had the same thing a few weeks ago too. You can find her blog from Aimee or Nichole's if you haven't seen it. I think you have to go to Heather's first. Anyway sorry it's so long. I just thought it was funny. I promise in 20 years you will laugh about it! Kids...Never a dull moment!
Love ya
Sherie
Post a Comment