The Days are Long, but the Years are Short
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Thursday, December 20, 2007

The latest

Well, December has flown by. Here's a review of what we've done:

-Spent a week in Kansas; we had a great time seeing Eli's parents, older sister Carah & her daughter Helen, and Eli's grandparents. The weather wasn't the greatest for travel, but well worth it. Thanks Kansas McMillan's.

-Everything checked out okay at my last doctor's appointment. Claire seems to be in denial in regards to the gender of our baby. If you ask her what we're having, she will always say girl now. If you tell her boy, she'll get really pouty and insist that it's a girl. I'm really hoping she doesn't know something that we don't. We haven't talked names yet, so if anyone has any fabulous suggestions, send them my way. I usually come up with about 25 names I like and then Eli narrows it down to about 3. We make a great team. We probably won't decide on a name until after the baby is born; Sydney insists that we need to see what he looks like before deciding on a name.

-Eli's arm is making excellent progress. It's amazing what the human body can do, especially with a little help from modern medicine. Thanks to all of you that offered kind words and prayers. They have been very much appreciated.


Theses are just some random pictures from the last month. I have some great pictures to post, but I'll have to wait until after Christmas because it involves my parent's Christmas gift. They're great, believe me, so check back after Christmas.

Claire was not so sure about Santa until she saw what he was going to give her. He won her over with the bag full of candy.

This is Claire and Sydney with their cousin Helen who lives in Oklahoma. Carah, Eli's sister, made super cute, edible wreaths with the girls. I'm glad some people are crafty and like to make messes, because that's one thing I really struggle with. I need to go to camp Lisa Marie to learn some tricks of the trade (Lisa Marie was a roommate at Ricks; check out her blog to see what I'm talking about).

I really don't like my picture taken while I'm pregnant, so this is probably the only shot you're going to see of me until after March, at least. This was taken on Thanksgiving. Sydney likes to look at this picture and say "Next year we'll have mommy, dadddy, Sydney, Claire and then our brother (while pointing to the empty spot on Eli's lap)". It does look like someone should be sitting there.

This was a Santa in the lobby of the hotel we stayed in on the way back to Utah. It was a really nice hotel. They had a popcorn machine and fresh baked cookies to greet us the night we checked in. They also had a fabulous breakfast the next morning. Fun night for all of us.

Sydney is an angel for a little program the Primary is putting on during church on Sunday. She was so excited for her costume. She really is an angel.


Eli's sister Amanda sent us dinner in a box after Eli broke his arm. It was so thoughtful of her and very much appreciated. She even included dessert. (Note: the child/wild animal on the table did not come in the package). =)

Here is our little Snow Claire Bear. She seems to have an interesting sense of fashion. She spends a lot of time with Sydney, who spends a lot of time with me. I'm not sure what that means, but this sure is a cute picture of Claire.

3 comments:

byoung said...

cute pictures-even the one of you, i like your hair.
Merry Christmas

Lisa-Marie said...

What a fun post. I'm glad that you stopped at that hotel so you were safe PLUS had a great sleep.

Your girls are so adorable. I can't wait to see the little Eli. It will be so fun o see who he looks like. (Or she I guess?!?!?!?)

And I think I must have you fooled! Camp Lisa-Marie???? ha ha ha! But thank you.

Nichole Burdett said...

Hey Just wanted to say hi...Congrats on the baby boy!! Hope you have a Merry Christmas love you guys!!