The Days are Long, but the Years are Short
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Friday, December 28, 2007

Quilt Fun

For Christmas, we made my parents a quilt using my mom's shirts from Heritage Tours (Heritage Tours is a three week Church history trip that all 8 kids went on).
Eli found the other fabric that we used for the quilt on ebay. I sewed everything together, and then we met at my grandma's house to tie it. I have never set up a quilt before, and Eli and I had different ideas on how it should be set up. In the midst of our discussion, my brother Eric showed up. He and Eli agreed on how it should be set up, so I stepped aside and let them do it. I was clearly in the way. =)
They got it set up, and then I thought Eric would go watch tv or something, but he didn't. He actually started tying the quilt! Who knew my brother could tie a quilt? Perhaps I should inform the Relief Society President in his ward. It could be a new calling for him; he can set up and tie a quilt, and do a good job. I guess it's true that farmers can do just about anything.
Anway, the quilt turned out great. My parents really liked it. You can't tell from the pictures, but I hand quilted around the United States and also the route that we took.






3 comments:

Lisa-Marie said...

Angela, you are AMAZING. (And so is your brother!!!) That quilt is beautiful. I bet that your mom thinks the world of it. I'm so impressed. I could use lessons!

Melissa said...

That quilt is cute. I think it is amazing that boys can quilt and tie. I saw my brother do help tie a quilt at Thanksgiving time. I was amazed at that. Hope things are going good for you.

the.lamb.castle@gmail.com said...

What a fun quilt!
Great Idea!