The Days are Long, but the Years are Short
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Monday, October 26, 2009

Hyrum

Hyrum is doing awesome. As of last night he weighed 4 pounds, 15 ounces; so he's almost made it to 5 pounds. He has had no problems; a blessing for which we are very thankful for. I'm sure it's because of the many prayers offered on his behalf. I have been "living" in Orem for the last two weeks so I can nurse him once a day. We met with the doctor on Sunday and he told us he could probably come home in 2 weeks. He is doing great with nursing. He is so cute; I'm not sure who he looks like, but I have had some people say he looks like Claire.
I would post some pictures, but I'm not on my own computer so you'll have to wait for pictures.
Also on Sunday the girls and Samuel were able to see him through the window for the first time ever. They were very excited, but they wished they could hold him.
I'm not quite sure how it's going to be to bring a baby home after so long. I can't hardly remember what it was like to be pregnant, and where I only see him once a day, I don't think reality has set in.
The more time I spend with Hyrum, the more I think about Joseph. I'm so happy for Hyrum and for the miracle of his life, but I think my heart will always ache a little for Joseph. I really enjoy having him buried so close to home. We visit him several times a week. We don't have a marker on his grave yet, but the mortuary placed a temporary one there. While we still had sunflowers growing, we took some there every week. Once they died we put never ending sunflowers there. He also has a pumpkin there. He's buried by several other babies. It's a good spot for him. My children really enjoy visiting the cemetery. For them it is not a scary place, but a happy, peaceful, fun place.
I love all my little children so much. They are all at such fun ages. I love Sydney's maturity and her sensitive nature. Claire is full of life, and so teachable. Samuel is a delight, and full of laughter. Little Hyrum is just so cute. So far he's pretty mellow. The nurse fight over who gets to take care of him; he is so easy. I hope that carries over when he comes home. I love that all of them are still so innocent.
We are all doing well. I am looking forward to all of us being home so we can move on. Sydney told me she is praying for another sister; I told her we need to work on getting Hyrum home. If she doesn't have 10 children of her own, I'll be really surprised.
Thank you so much for your love and prayers. I'm not sure I can adequately express how much your kind words mean to me. It means so much knowing how much support I have.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!

3 comments:

Connie said...

You're Welcome! Thanks for giving us the opportunity to be a part of your family's lives. I love seeing how you interact with your children. You have an amazing calmness about you that is so impressive. I don't know where you got it from but it wasn't from me. Keep up the good work...soon Hyrum will be home and it is nice to have someone you love in heaven watching over you! I love you!

spemberly.blogspot.com said...

I'm glad to hear Hyrum is doing well. I've wondered how you would be able to nurse him when the time came. I'm glad to hear he's close to going home. That will be SO nice to have your family together under the same roof. You're such a good example of a good mom and I really appreciate you sharing your life with us so we can learn from you!!!

Katie said...

I am so excited that he is getting so "big" and will be able to be home with you guys in a little over 1 1/2 weeks!