The Days are Long, but the Years are Short
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Sunday, August 09, 2009

They're here!

I have so many words/thoughts floating around in my brain; I hope I can get them down before I forget some of them. For now I'll just say that I delivered both babies on Thursday, August 6. Joseph came out first weighing about 11 ounces. He's for sure my smallest baby, but his delivery was by far the hardest: physically and emotionally. Hyrum came out about 3 hours later (they tried to stop my labor, but he didn't want to be left behind). He came out without any problem. I didn't get to see him until the next day as the NICU staff took right over to help him survive (I was only 26 weeks along). He weighed 1 pound 10 ounces.
Hyrum is doing really well and will stay in NICU for about 3 months. We will bury Joseph sometime in the next couple of weeks. This pregnancy has been so hard in so many ways, but on Friday I felt at peace. I also feel better now than I have in 6 weeks. I have pictures and so much more to say, but this will have to do for now. Just know we are doing good and I so much appreciate the love and prayers on our behalf.

4 comments:

spemberly.blogspot.com said...

Thanks for letting us know you had your babies. I've been wondering and checking your blog! I'm glad you didn't have to wait too long, but I'm sorry he has to be in the hospital for so long. You guys will be in my prayers. I'm glad you have peace and I hope the funeral goes well and that Hyrum grows fast and stays very healthy.

byoung said...

angela-nice names! please let me know when you are at the hosiptal so i can come and see you! love you lots and praying for you all!!

The P Family said...

Yay for Hyrum for being here okay! :) I'm keeping him in my prayers. I love you guys very much!

Katie said...

Angela,
I am sorry that I haven't commented earlier, but we have been out of town.
What a beautiful obituary for Joseph...
We are so sorry for your loss, but so thankful that you are alright and that little Hyrum is doing well!