We went to the doctor to find out the gender of McMillan baby #4 and found out there is also a McMillan baby #5 in there; both BOYS.
They are identical twins and they have Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome. The day after we found out, I went in for laser surgery to cut off the blood communication between the two.
So far, so good. Both babies are still alive and kicking. I have to go to Salt Lake twice a week for at least a month to keep watching them.
We are all excited and overwhelmed at the same time. I just wanted to find out the gender, but I got a whole lot more than I bargained for.
My due date is still the same, but I most likely won't go that far.
Eli is very excited that the boys will outnumber the girls in our family. He's ready for some more testosterone in the house. He had more than his fair share of the female hormone growing up (he has 4 sisters and no brothers). I can be pretty emotional sometimes too.
They are identical twins and they have Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome. The day after we found out, I went in for laser surgery to cut off the blood communication between the two.
So far, so good. Both babies are still alive and kicking. I have to go to Salt Lake twice a week for at least a month to keep watching them.
We are all excited and overwhelmed at the same time. I just wanted to find out the gender, but I got a whole lot more than I bargained for.
My due date is still the same, but I most likely won't go that far.
Eli is very excited that the boys will outnumber the girls in our family. He's ready for some more testosterone in the house. He had more than his fair share of the female hormone growing up (he has 4 sisters and no brothers). I can be pretty emotional sometimes too.
9 comments:
Wow!!! That is so exciting! I'm glad all is going well so far and I hope it continues to go well. I can't believe you're having twins! You'll do great! Congrats!!!
In my humble opinion...these boys couldn't be going to a finer family! Thanks for giving us grandchildren #16 & 17...we are blessed indeed! We are also grateful that they are doing well...hang in there Angelou...what a sweet family you have! I told you it was twins :)
Oh my! I'm really glad that the water for twins stayed in your ward! I'm really starting to believe it is something in the water.
That is really great though! I was guessing twins for you, but I was thinking you'd have a girl. I guess my baby will have lots of little boy friends to run around with huh?
Congrats! Sorry about all the trips to SLC. :)
Emily
Angie I still can't believe it! I was looking at the ultrasound pic you posted and I just can't believe the drs didn't know there were twins in there!!! CRAZY! I am really excited for you!! by the way in a few weeks Jake is going to be working in Feron, doing the HVAC for a new retirement center. So maybe I"ll get to visit you! =)
So crazy! I am really excited for you, you are in for some fun! Hey, if you need somewhere to stay up here let me know. I don't know if you have any family up by Salt Lake but my house is open anytime you need to stay. Good luck!
Oh, or if you want to drop off your other kids to go to your appointment. I will watch them for you anytime!
HOLY MOLY!!! Did you have any idea/inkling it might be twins?!?!? So exciting. What lucky boys to be coming to your home. I bet the girls are so excited.
Please keep us all posted as to how everything goes. Isn't modern medicine such a blessing?
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Angela
Thanks a lot for the invitation to your blog! The news are great! Congratulations for the new babies, I´ll keep praying for you, Eli and the children! Nice Blog! Beautiful family!
Best wishes
Holy cow! That is fantastic news! I am so glad that everything is going well...and BOYS! Eli is going to LOVE that! ;)
Post a Comment