The Days are Long, but the Years are Short
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Monday, July 27, 2009

Baby pictures

I'm finally getting around to scanning in some of my many ultrasound pictures of the babies. I have a lot of pictures and I also lots of video of them while they were both still alive. When I had my surgery, they filmed what they were doing, so I also have actual video footage of just the twin that died.

The surviving twin is doing well. I'll continue going up every couple of weeks to be checked; more often as I get closer to delivery. We are shooting for 37 weeks, so that's a blessing to not be pregnant for the full 40 weeks (although this pregnancy has already felt like it has lasted two years).


My boys:
Joseph Steven McMillan
The larger twin





This is looking down on his stomach and you can see how much fluid is in there. There should not be that big gap between the outer wall of the stomach and the organs in there.

This is the last picture I have of him while he was alive. Once again, you can see the fluid in his stomach. He had fluid inside his whole body, and his heart was really enlarged. He fought hard, but it was too much.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hyrum Daniel McMillan
The smaller twin
Notice his stomach has no black space.





I have to say that this is the first time I've had names picked out this early. With Samuel, we didn't even talk names until we were in the hospital. That was very frustrating, so I told Eli we were not waiting that long this time; I wanted names picked out well before delivery in case something happened. I'm so glad I did. They were both named before Joseph died. It was nice having names for them other than recipient and donor.

5 comments:

spemberly.blogspot.com said...

I'm glad you had names picked out before. I bet that helped. That's great you have pictures and video. Cute names, by the way!

Anonymous said...

Angela, I was hoping to get a chance to talk to you before you left the other day. It was still fun to be able to see you for at least a second.

I love the names that you picked. The boys must be very special and the names are so fitting.

We love you and your little family so much. Let us know what we can do to help.

Sharla said...

That's neat that you have those pictures. I love the names you chose.

Katie said...

what beautiful names! glad that you were able to have some pictures.

The P Family said...

I was thinking of you and I feel so sad that you had to go through this. I am so thankful I have the gospel so I can say that I know without a doubt that you can raise your baby in the millenium. Isn't Heavenly Father wonderful to make that promise to every special mothers going through that? I'll be praying for you and your family!

By the way, I love the name Hyrum.