The Days are Long, but the Years are Short
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

August 2008

I'm getting real creative in my blog titles. =)

August flew by; the first of September brought a frost our way. Some of our garden plants died, but it wasn't too bad. It was surprising to see frost so early.
We celebrated our 7th anniversary in August, and I started a post, but never finished it (the story of my life).
Samuel and I both got new, short haircuts. I think he likes his hair short, and I'm really enjoying short hair. It saves me quite a bit of time.

Watermelon eaters

We went up AF Canyon, with my brother in law and his kids, to wade in the river. That is such a beautiful canyon.
My youngest brother Ethan is leaving on his mission on the 10th of September. We had all of my family in town for a weekend, so we got family pictures. I'm not sure why family pictures are so stressful. I wasn't stressed this go around, but I can remember always getting upset when I was young and we were getting family pictures. I can see my red eyes from crying in some of our family pictures from years past.

Ethan is going to be a GREAT missionary. He has grown so much in his preparations for it, so it will be fun to see how much more he is going to grow on his mission. I'd have to say that he is the most organized in the family. He has all of his stuff labeled and numbered in tupperware boxes, and then he has a master list in excel of what is in each box. Funny boy.

Mmmm...good spinach.

It's always amazing how quickly they change, especially in the first year.

This smile is dubbed (by Eli), the Ault nose scrunch smile.

"Mom, whatca doing with that thing in your hand?"

"Do I look okay?"
My cute, little buzz baby

10 comments:

Sharla said...

Love the family picture! And Samuel is growing up! I love the scrunched up nose picture. It totally reminds me of Sydney when she was a baby.

Lisa-Marie said...

Your hair cut is soooooo cute! I'm also a bit prejudice to short hair!!!! Glad you like it and it is easy. (THAT is why I love short hair. I'm lazy!)

Samuel is darling. That smile is to die for!

Andrea said...

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE FAUX HAWK??? I MISS IT!

the.lamb.castle@gmail.com said...

What cute kids!!
Looks like a fun August! Your little guy is growing like a weed!

Eric and Amber said...

Samuel's little buzz is so cute. Don't you just love how it feels when you run your hand over it?

Matthew and Elizabeth Dykman said...

Hey you guys! Sorry, I'm not stalking you; I was just searching old college friends and found you guys on here. You look like you are doing so well and your kids are super cute! What have you been up to?.. Come check out our site at dykmanfam.blogspot.com.
Later! Elizabeth Dykman (Moore)

Jake, Megan, Ryder, Emma and Tessa said...

Angela! your hair is so cute! and your little boy is totally darling! i can't believe he already had enough hair for a cut!

byoung said...

um how come you didn't posT ABOUT chopping your hair? now you have an official mom cut, congrats. it looks really good!!!!

becca

Angela said...

Sharla: ya, my kids all have a common denominator.
Lisa-Marie: Thanks on the compliment. I'm liking the short hair. I really like your hair. I'm not sure I'm ready for super short hair, but we're taking baby steps.
And I wouldn't call us lazy with short hair, but efficient.
Andrea: Samuel would get a fist full of hair and not know how to let go, so that was the driving force behind the cut. I also like the feel of a buzzed head.
Heidi: Thanks!
Amber: I really like the feel of a buzzed head. His hair color also looks different. His hair was looking red before, but now it's more blonde/light brown. It'll be interesting to see how it grows in.
Liz: So glad you found us. I was wondering how you were doing. I'll check out your blog.
Megan: thanks! I could have done piggy tails if he was a boy. =) I've found it's much harder to do creative things with boy hair than girl. A buzz seemed the most creative.
Becca: Well, I did mention my hair cut, but Samuel's seemed funner to post about. Thanks

spemberly.blogspot.com said...

Your new look is great! I love it! And I can't get over how cute your kids are!!