The Days are Long, but the Years are Short
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Hyrum

Being that it was our anniversary on Saturday the 22nd, we went up to Salt Lake on Saturday night to spend the night. We went and saw Hyrum that night and brought him A LOT of milk (the nurse told me she had never had someone bring in a big cooler like we had filled with milk; I'm sure they had a good laugh over it).

The next morning we went once again to see Hyrum and spend more time with him. It was close to the time when they change his diaper and feed him, which worked out really well. The nurse let me hold Hyrum over his bed. He was a squirmy little guy and got quite mad at me for a minute; he didn't like being moved around. I also got to change his diaper; who knew it could be so special to change a diaper.

The entire weekend was very nice. I'd have to say it was my best anniversary yet.

The following Saturday, we once again went and visited Hyrum. This time I got to hold him for real. They wrapped him up in a blanket and I got to sit and rock with him. Both Eli and I were able to hold him for quite awhile. I got to change his diaper again too.
He is doing really well. The nurse yesterday told us that she is amazed by how well he is doing. The only way he could be doing better would be if he were home. He only has oxygen hooked up to him. His IV and picline are out. The only wires he has attached to him are his vital sign wires. He also has his feeding tube going down to his tummy. He won't know how to suck until he's a little older.

He's a cute little guy with a lot of hair. I can't say who he looks like because I can't tell; he's so little. He makes all the other babies in the NICU look big.

We're so thankful for our little fighter Hyrum and are counting down the days until he is home with us.

(Just in case anyone is curious, we've taken over 800 pictures in August; it's been a very busy/eventful month)

My very first time holding him

Eli's first time touching him. His feet look small, but they are actually pretty big for how young he is. The nurses are sure he's going to be big like daddy.



The girls drew him pictures that we hung on his bed. It will still be awhile before they get to see him. The little bunny laying next to him was a bunny that they gave to Joseph and took pictures of him with. I thought it was appropriate to give it to Hyrum to sleep with. We'll also use it for comparison purposes to kind of chart his growth. He's currently about two bunnies length long.
The last two pictures were taken on the 29th.

Our first picture of the three of us.

5 comments:

Connie said...

How sweet it was that you both got to hold and rock your precious baby! I'm sure you will never take that experience for granted! I am glad that he is doing so well...can't wait to bring him home! I love you!

Emily said...

I'm so glad he is doing well. Makes me get teary eyed. I hope he continues to do well and you can bring him home. He sure is cute and I can't believe how little.

spemberly.blogspot.com said...

I'm glad to hear Hyrum is doing so well. Maybe he'll come home early at this rate! Angela, you look great!

Andrea said...

Ang, that is a perfect picture of you and Eli with Hyrum. He's getting bigger:). I can't wait to hold him myself. Maybe if I lie they will mistake me for you...worth a try?

Katie said...

What an amazing picture of the three of you! I can't believe how little he is, but am so glad that he is so strong! What a doll!