My sister Annalee made a surprise visit to Utah. She and her daughter Lexi came to church. It was fun to see Lexi and how much she has grown up.
This is Sydney, Samantha, Ryleigh, and Claire. Samantha & Ryleigh are our neighbors; Samantha got baptized this month. It was fun for the girls to go.

Eli, through some asking around, was able to get some deer meat without actually having to shoot a deer. He and the girls cut it up; I am not one to mess with raw meat much, so thankfully the girls were willing helpers.
I think this picture is so cute of the girls. I took it at church. One of my callings is to compile a ward picture directory (no easy task, especially considering this ward has not had any sort of ward directory for years). While I was taking pictures, the girls wanted their picture taken, and this one was so good of them. Their smiles are perfect.
Claire was the witch for Halloween. She loves the witch, we're not sure why, but she does. She can even sing the witch song. Sydney likes to dress like Dorothy. This picture was taken in the middle of the month.
Eli made gingersnaps and left the sugar out where little hands could reach. Claire sat herself down to a nice nourshing meal of sugar. She's my sugar baby for sure.



Our pumpkins turned out quite fleshy, meaning the walls were really thick. I made homemade pumpkin pie with some of the flesh of the pumpkins we carved. My offer of pie to anyone that comes to visit still stands, and if you come soon, I may make a fresh pumpkin pie.
Halloween morning. They were so excited to go around in their costumes. Sydney had her school group and Claire go to hang out with me. Everyone she saw, she told them she was a witch. It was very cute. She got her face painted green in the evening, and she thought that was great. Sydney made a great Dorothy, although Halloween was no really different for her in regards to dressing up.
This is a tree that I see every morning out my bedroom window. When the sun is coming up and it's really orange, this tree looks magnificent. There is beauty to be found in this valley, you might have to look harder for it though.
Sydney's school group, plus Claire.
Dorothy and the Witch. Notice Toto and Claire's "flying monkey". Sydney had a heart painted on her face a school, so she wanted me to do one on the other side. It looks like I painted on really rosy cheeks.











3 comments:
What an exciting October! Love all the pictures- except the deer meat- that one was gross. I do like that Eli won't shoot a deer. I couldn't either.
Love the post. Such a fun time of year.
: ) H
Hi Ang-
Cute pictures. When Claire's face is green she sort of looks like Shaylee. Halloween is a fun holiday that kids really love. Hope all is well. Love you.
How cute your girls are !! The paint on Claires face is so fitting. It looks like she had a green sucker. I should be dorothy next year.. Make a sign about the whole heart, brain, courage thing. Great Idea Angela Thanks !!
Post a Comment