The Days are Long, but the Years are Short
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Well

I don't even know where to begin. I've kind of lost my gumption for blogging. That and trying to juggle four children requires almost all I have, so the blog sits silent.
Claire had her 4th birthday. She is such a spicy addition to our family. When we were trying to decide on a name for her, Eli wanted a name with spunk. Not sure how he knew she was going to be spunky, but one thing is for sure: her name fits (if you're going for spunk).

Samuel turned 2 in February. He is so much fun, and all boy (with a little girl influence from having sisters). To help encourage him in his potty training, I bough him Sesame Street and Thomas the Train undies. He had never seen either shows before, but he loves them now. He also has a big thing for John Deere tractors and cows. He's always on the lookout for the familar green and yellow, or for the "Angus bulls". He keeps me on my toes. He is a lot of fun. He adores his brother. I'm so excited that they each have a brother, and that they'll be so close in age.

Hyrum is now 11 pounds and 24 inches long. He's not even on the growth charts yet, but he's getting closer. He is such a sweet little guy. It's hard to believe he's 8 months old; he is just barely fitting into 0-3 month size clothing. He's my perpetual newborn. He's so cute, and is loved by all. He had his first interaction with another baby at my niece's baptism. McKenna and Hyrum had the exact same due date; McKenna's mommy Aimee is my only girl cousin my age. Aimee and I have pretty much done everything in sync: she got married 2 weeks after I did; Sydney was born in July 2003, Jaxon was born September 2003; Hudson was born September 2005, Claire was born January 2006; Cartson was born November 2007, Samuel was born February 2008; and finally we ended with the same due date, except Hyrum seemed to prefer an August birthday over a November one, so he's older. So anyway, it was fun to see Hyrum and McKenna. They actually looked pretty close to the same size. When we sat them up, she looked bigger, but they still look to be about the same age.
Eli celebrated his 32nd birthday. He got books and a super cool flashlight. He really likes the flashlight. He's a gadget geek, so I knew he'd like it.
We're blessing Hyrum on May 2nd. He'll almost be 9 months old, but he'll fit into Samuel's blessing outfit (Samuel wore it when he was 3 weeks old). He's only been to church once, and that was when they had cancelled all the other meetings because of snow, so there wasn't a lot of people there. My mom pointed out that by the time he starts going to church, he'll only have 9 months to go until nursery. There's a good chance he's not even walking then, so we'll see if he ends up going.
We also did the MS Walk again this year. We had a great time in St. George. Thank you again to those who donated.
I have also started Bountiful Baskets here in Ferron. I'm so excited to do it. I think it will be a great thing for people in the area.

So I guess that is us in a nutshell. Enjoy the pictures; they may be the last ones for a while. ;)


Hyrum & McKenna


Easter Dresses that I gave them on Valentines Day.




He's a pretty happy baby


Getting ready for the Easter egg hunt at grandpa & grandma's. Anita and her girls came down for the weekend. It's always fun when they come down.



It has been decided that he looks a lot like a McMillan. I think my other children are a pretty good mix, but Hyrum seems to be mostly McMillan. He did get my mom's chin dimple (which you can't see in this picture). He reminds me of Eli's father Daniel, so I guess he has the right middle name.


Just in case any of you were wondering if I really was around still, here I am. Hyrum and I have fun messing with the camera settings.



The little rugrats with my parents.


Happy baby

The McMillan Boys

Eli's father came out to visit us for a week in March. It was fun to have him here.

3 comments:

Katie said...

absolutely WONDERFUL post! Thank you! The kids are getting so big and I can imagine how excited you are to have Hyrum blessed. What a beautiful little boy...keep the posts coming (with your crazy busy life! ;) You do have faithful readers...

The P Family said...

Yay for blog update! It was soo nice to hear about your family doing well! Miss you tons!

spemberly.blogspot.com said...

Glad to hear you guys are doing so well. All of your kids are just so cute! I agree, Hyrum looks so much like Eli.