The Days are Long, but the Years are Short
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Monday, January 11, 2010

Grandpa Herbert

"Work will win when wishy, washey, wishing won't!"
Eating ice cream, having a little chuckle at the water tricks he was playing at the 4th of July party.

Grandpa and Grandma with Hyrum

Grandpa and Grandma with Sydney

Sporting his new hat the Christmas he found out about his cancer.

Grandpa and Grandma with Claire and Sydney

Grandpa and Grandma with Samuel. Grandpa asked me if he could wear his hat; he had his head shaved from the cancer. He always looked good in a hat.


My grandpa Herbert passed away today, having fought a hard battle against cancer.
We knew it was coming, but it's still sad.
I will miss him. He was a very good man. He wasn't a very big man physically, but spiritually, he was a giant.
I hope he gives Joseph a hug for me.
I love you grandpa.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

What a sweet post Angela. You are always so good to take great pictures to capture the moment. Love you!

The P Family said...

People keep saying losing a mother is different from losing a child. Losing grandparents can be different as well as spouse, siblings, etc


But they are ALL hard to lose!!! I never knew my grandfathers- they both died before I was born- but losing my Grandmother was soooo hard.

I'm so glad you get to know your grandparents for a long time and that they get to meet some of your kids!!! What a blessing! You're lucky to get to know your grandfather.

Know I'm keeping your families in my prayers. I love you!!!!

spemberly.blogspot.com said...

I'm sorry for your loss. That was a nice post about him. I hope you have a nice time at the funeral with all of your family.

Jake, Megan, Ryder, Emma and Tessa said...

Hey Girl! I loved that post, what a great guy. And so wonderful to think of him meeting your little sweet baby boy. by the way, i saw the picture of newest little man and Boy is he cute! So glad he's home and doing well.