The Days are Long, but the Years are Short
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Not my daughter?

Those of you that know me well, or at least have known me for a LONG time, will know that I was pretty much boy crazy starting at age 4 (I hung a sign in my window that said I love____; we won't mention any names). I can't remember a time when I didn't like or chase boys. If they ever chased me, that was another story, but I didn't mind chasing (my best friend's mom thought I was the makeout queen-Eli was my first kiss).
So imagine my surprise when I had this conversation with Sydney:

Me: Sydney, why don't you like playing with the other girls at recess?
Sydney: Because all they want to do is chase boys, and I don't want to chase boys!
Me: That's a good reason.

I'm glad she isn't boy crazy like I was. If we could just keep boys off her brain until she at least graduates college, we'll be doing good. =)

6 comments:

Sharla said...

I had no idea. Of course, I didn't know you until you were married. Good luck keeping Sydney away from boys. Until she graduates from college??? She's way too cute!

Lisa-Marie said...

I love that you were boy crazy, but never acted like it!!!!

And I knew Eli was your first kiss!!!!!

Momnerd said...

LOL, that was so ME! Maybe that's why I've only had boys. I don't know if I could handle a girl like I was. I could hardly think of anything else until I was married.

Emily said...

I'm so behind on looking at blogs. I have no idea where the time flies to. I love your conversations with the girls. The one with Clair made me laugh out loud. I hope you told her that she helped with those 11 tummies. ;)

I love your family photo. So cute. I need to do that too.

Emily

P.S. We have the same cedar chest.

Romney Family said...

angela- this is jessie from Ricks. Your kids are so cute!!! Man, how things change in just a couple of years. I was thinking about you the other day and how I ran into you and Eli at the Salt Lake temple a year or so ago. Maybe it was two years I can't remember anyway. I found your blog and hope you don't mind. Feel free to check my out. Jessie

The P Family said...

Hahaha! I met you only after you were married so I have a hard time imagining you as boy crazy! :D