The Days are Long, but the Years are Short
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Friday, September 21, 2007

Ferron City Peach Days

We were able to participate in our first ever Peach Days celebration. For a small town, it was actually pretty fun. I entered a peach dessert in the dessert contest, and I won the grand prize. Maybe that's why I'm thinking so fondly of Peach Days. =) Eli was so proud. He hung my big ribbon on the wall in the kitchen, and insisted that it become a permanent part of the decor. The first picture is my dessert, and I have to tell you that it tastes a lot better than it looks. I took this picture at the end of the evening. It has a vanilla wafer crust, a layer of cream cheese & powdered sugar, fresh peaches and then jello on top. Pretty easy to make and it has very complimentary flavors and textures. I'll round up the recipe and post it.
Ferron looks like a pretty barren place, but I've been amazed by how well things grow here. The peaches here are some of the best I've ever had. There is no shortage of peaches here. Because there are so many, a lot of trees just sit there with no one to pick them, hence an abundant supply of free, really good peaches. Some of our friends let us come and pick from their tree. I don't know how many we ended up with, but I canned almost 25 quarts of peaches, by myself. Our tomatoes are another story. The girls had a good time picking peaches.

What city celebration is complete without a parade? I really enjoy small parades. I remember going to the Steel Days parade in American Fork with my family when I was younger. This summer we went to the Emery, Castle Dale, & Ferron parades. They were all fun, but I think Emery was my favorite. It lasted about 15 minutes, and we got lots of candy. The girls got a lot of candy at the Ferorn parade, but we were there a lot longer. The girls figured out how to get lots of candy thrown at them: they would walk out to where there was no one else, smile great big, and start waving. They each had a brown paper sack and when we left, they were both filled to the top.

I never got a good picture of Claire's face whenever a piece of candy landed by her. It was so funny; it was like manna from heaven for her. Both my girls are definitely candy addicts. Claire especially likes her candy, which right now is not such a bad thing. I'm potty training her, and since she is highly motivated by candy, it's been fairly easy. Thanks to the parade candy, I have a ready supply of treats for her.

3 comments:

Lisa-Marie said...

Congrats Peach Queen! We need to see a picture of you with your blue ribbon! That is so fun. I love your posts with all the cute pics of your darling girls! So glad that we reconnected!

Taylor said...

Ang--Send me the recipe. That sounds so yummy!! Love, Annalee

Melissa said...

How are ya? The peach dessert sounds really awesome. When you find the recipe will you share? Thanks. Your girls are so cute!
Melissa