The Days are Long, but the Years are Short
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Fall Fun

This set of pictures is kind of a random assortment, but that's how I typically seem to post them. The only theme I ever seem to have is keeping pictures together according to month. This set was taken the first part of October.

As is typical with most girls, since Sydney has curly hair, she wants straight hair. I'm sure as Claire gets older, she'll want curly hair. I straightened Sydney's hair thinking she wouldn't like it, but she did. She refused to wash it for a couple days because she didn't want it going curly. Of course by then, it was already starting to curl again on it's own. I've straightened it before, but she must have been young enough she doesn't remember. I guess I could use straightening her hair as a bribery of some sort.

Our garden died the last day of September when we got snow. It was sad to see the garden looking so sad, but kind of a relief because that put an end to our abundant tomatoes.


This is the most festive I get all year, besides Christmas. I have my best friend Starre to thank for the start of this tradition because I got a pumpkin spice candle and several fake leaves from her wedding in October 2001. I have since added to it, but those items are the basis for my decorations.

When our garden died, this is what Eli did with all the produce off the vines. I thought it was rather cute. He also did the corn decoration. He is actually more into decorating than I am. He has fun with it, especially if it involves his garden in some way.


They got these sucker lips from their grandma. They had a lot of fun with them.

Well, I decided to be brave and do a photo shoot with the girls. I like going to Kiddie Kandids for their pictures, but they are out of the budget this year, so I did my own shots. Usually I have Eli to help me, but I was alone for this shoot. It was kind of tricky, but the girls were really cooperative. I think the key to a good photo shoot with girls is to give them something new to wear right before you take their picture. I gave these shirts to them right before we took the pictures. It worked great; they were all sorts of excited. In some of the pictures, I had to flip the screen out for Claire to see so she would smile. Seeing herself was enough to make her smile. It was classic. I took over 200 pictures, so I'll have to post a slide show of some of my favorites. For now, here are the ones that I had made into 8 x 10's.

3 comments:

Anita said...

Lol...... That is so funny about Sydney's hair !! Shelby asks me every day if she can have curly hair. While we were on the cruise she said "mom, why do you get to have curly hair when you get out of the shower" So It is a true statement when one says "you always want what you don't have"

Lisa-Marie said...

GREAT pics of the girls! I love the hair story. Aren't we all so funny always wanting what we don't have. The grass is always greener...

the.lamb.castle@gmail.com said...

I love this picture of the girls! They are so cute! I can't believe how much Claire looks like Sydney.
I am loving checking out your blog- and catching up on what you guys are doing.
: ) Heidi