Eli & I had to opportunity to tour a coal mine. It was really neat. Eli was able to "mine" his own little pieces of coal. It was amazing to see how much work goes into mining coal. I had no idea.

This was a huge fan that sucks air out of the mine. When we opened the door to go in, we just about got knocked over. It was pretty powerful.

This is a view of the top of the mine. Looking at all the loose items, I'd say it's a good thing they have that mesh wire over it.
This is just a wall of coal. Who would have ever thought to break up rock and burn it?

This was at the end of the mine. We were totally surrounded by coal.

This was our mode of transportation in the mine. It was a pretty cool vehicle. I felt like I was on a ride at Disneyland. The ride into the mine reminded me of the Indian Jones ride.

Okay, so Eli had to get a picture of my lovely outfit. I look pretty chubby. I should have taken a before and after picture. At least I didn't get dirty.









This is a picture inside the mine. It's not very wide or high.
This is the machine that actually breaks up the coal. Pretty impressive.

1 comment:
Nice pics. You all are much braver than me. I don't think I will ever set foot inside a coal mine. Driving to work each day in Dallas is about as much excitement as I can handle. I hope you all are doing well. I wish you well as you continue to update your loyal blog readers.
Post a Comment